- 175g of margarine
- 175g of light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 5ml of almond icing.
- 75g ground almonds.
- 175g of plain flour
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg.
- 300g of sultanas
- 175g dried cranberries
- 150g of glace cherries.
- 50ml of sherry/brandy
* WILL FILL TWO BAKED BEAN TINS *
1. Place a roasting tin of cold water in the bottom of the oven then preheat the oven to 150°C (140°C Fan, Gas Mark 2).
Grease and line the bottom of the tin (2 layers) and the inner sides (3 layers)
Wrap the sides in a double layer of brown paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until pale and creamy.
3. Crack the eggs.
4. Beat in the eggs, and stir in the Almond Extract and ground almonds.
5. In a 2nd bowl, Sift the flour, nutmeg and Baking Powder on top and add all the fruit.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
7. Smooth over the top and bake in the oven for about 1 ½ to 2 hours until lightly browned, slightly risen and firm to the touch.