The Irish Heart Foundation in association with Bank of Ireland offers CPR training for teachers and students and aims to have more than 300,000 school children trained in lifesaving skills by the end of this year.
It costs just €4 to train one student to save a live with CPR and spectators at both games are encouraged to donate €4 by text.
Every €4 will be matched by Bank of Ireland up to €80,000 – the price of training an extra 20,000 students.
The Irish Heart Foundation’s expert CPR 4 Schools team deliver training via education centres to teachers who are then provided with an online programme which can be taught effectively in the classroom. In addition, Irish Heart provides schools with free kits worth €600 which consist of training manikins.
The CPR 4 Schools programme consists of the following:
- A 2 hour workshop for teachers about how to run CPR 4 schools programme
- Lesson plans to guide teachers
- Lesson plans to train school staff
- Equipment packs for schools to enable hands-on and interactive practice with students
- Access to the Irish Heart Foundation’s dedicated online school training centre CPR certificates for each participating student and teachers CPD points
- Access to additional learning materials and other online resources